Francisco Barron, Mexico
These are two simple listening activities which test students' understanding of two dialogues.
They can both be used with low level students.
- Make copies of the scripts to give to your students as feedback and copy the audio recordings to play in class.
- Make copies of the question sheets.
- Hand out the question sheets and check that your students understand them.
- Play the recording of the audio once, then ask the students to check their answers in pairs.
- Play the audio again one or two more times as needed.
- Hand out the script and ask the students to read the script and check their answers against it.
- Clarify the correct answers for them
Listening activity 1: In a Language School Café
Listen to two students talking in a language school cafeteria, and decide if the following statements are true or false. You may listen twice.
1. Both Hong Lei and Ricky are new students in the language school.
Listening activity 2: Making an Appointment
Listen to Cathy and Keith trying to agree on a date to meet. Decide whether the following statements are true or false.
1. Cathy will see Ruth on the thirteenth.
You can follow this up by putting your students in pairs to practice the conversations